22 pounds (3rd percentile)
32 1/4 inches (10th percentile)
47.3 cm head (50th percentile)

The doctor said to stop worry about getting enough calories into her. She's perfectly heathy (her iron levels looked great this time) and just naturally small. She's also meeting all of her developmental milestones and then some. She just amazes us! In the last couple weeks she's learned most of the colors. She knows, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and pink. Black, brown, white and grey are yet to come. She knows what letter and numbers are. She tries to count things by saying, "Six, six, six" while pointing to the objects. When she sees letters she says letter names. They aren't the ones she's looking at, but they are letters. She is talking like crazy. I'm going to try to get some of her chatter on tape.
Yesterday's included 3 shots. She was so upset and I felt terrible. It always feels so wrong to hold a kid down and let someone stab them in the leg. Her little legs are really sore now as well. Here she is feeling all sore and cruddy but looking so darn cute in those jammies. I just love these:

Here she is pretending to sleep. If I say, "Okay, go to sleep." She'll shut her eyes and do the most convincing fake sleeping I've ever seen. This makes me crack up and then she can't help it and laughs too.
Here's all 3 today chillin' outside with some lemonade popsicles. These were made at the insistance of Wyatt who has conducted about 30 freezing experiments so far this summer. These were much better than the last one which could be called the "what happens when you put salt, pepper, water and toys in a cup and freeze it" experiment.
1 comment:
Wow!! Thanks for sharing your blog with me. Chloe is beautiful and so healthy. It gives a glimmer of hope for me. Emotional health/attachment has been my biggest concern in adopting from an orphanage and Chloe seems like such a wonderfully happy and well adjusted little girl. And it looks like the boys have welcomed her with open arms. Thanks for sharing your story. I have so many questions still mostly about agencies and referrals,...would it be okay if I emailed you sometime??
I didn't realize when you first contacted me that I would recognize you until I read your blog but I am a (silent) member for almost a year now of the "motherswantingdaughters" group and have seen and read all your posts there and remember when you brought home Chloe too. I love reading all the posts there and love to see all the happy endings for those on their adoption journies as well as hearing about all the transitional stuff that happens when you are finally home. It makes it feel so real for me...that I can do it too, and that there are happy endings.
Thanks so much,
--janine
www.finding--emily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment