Wednesday, December 13, 2006

One Month Since Chloe's Adoption Day

This is a special Wednesday edition of sallyfoo.blospot.

One month ago today on November 13, 12006 we stood in a court room in St. Petersburg, Russia and nervously answered questions and affirmed our commitment to be Chloe's parents. People choose different days in the adoption process to celebrate. Some celebrate the day they physically "got" their child, others celebrate the homecoming. For us the decision was easy. The 13th has been a lucky number for us since one of our sons was born on the 13th, it was the 13th that we made our decision to adopt and then the day we found out about Chloe was also the 13th. So, when our court date was on the 13th, it just seemed like fate.

I can't even describe how amazingly incredible, adorable, smart and funny our little girl is. Also remarkable is how amazing her brothers are. They have wanted nothing but her love from day one. They laugh with us at the funny things she does and they give her their undivided attention constantly. She knows that her big brothers will get her to the places she can't reach, help her when she falls and laugh at her when she's being funny. At first she was a bit jealous of attention they got. But she seems to realize now that they are just two more people who love her. She goes to them and snuggles, hugs and kisses them. It makes me tear up watching them. I know that these are the days that will be cherished and remembered not only by Justin and I, but by these 3 siblings. I love watching their relationships grow and the closeness that the boys have spread out and include their new sister. The openness and sweetness of their hearts is a wonder to me. I just sit and watch them in awe.

On Sunday we went to see Santa and waited in line for at least an hour and a half. The three of them were amazingly well behaved. Chloe was distracted by the boys and they were distracted from their usual monkey-like antics by the excitement of their new sister. Here is Daddy and Chloe getting out of the car. Isn't this the cutest coat ever! Thanks, Debbie!

Here are a couple waiting pictures.


Near the end of the line there was a Happy Feet disco of sorts and all three were shakin' their stuff.

I was sure Chloe was going to cry when Justin put her in Santa's lap, but he was smart and put her in her brother's lap.

Here's the final picture the photographer got. Chloe is smiling at and reaching for her daddy. She is really getting into her poppa lately.

3 comments:

Lea said...

Those are such adorable pictures. All three of your children are so cute. Thanks for sharing the pictures and keeping us up to date on Chloe's progress. She looks like she is just doing great. I love the song on your blog also!

Anonymous said...

It is so amazing to hear how well Chloe is doing. Really happy for all of you! Happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

I just want to let you know how much I appreciate reading your posts, you have done such a great job! What a cute family, Chloe fits right in.