Friday, January 26, 2007

Home 10 weeks

Home ten weeks. It seems like so much longer. I know I keep saying that, but it really, really does. Chloe loves her bath as you can see. She's getting a little more brave about moving around and playing. She loves her bathtub crayons that Grandma gave her. She loves to draw and color. When she came home she couldn't figure out how to hold the crayon or put pressure on it. But, she has amazed me and now holds the crayon correctly and can scribble away. She will color the whole time the boys are doing homework. She is still a good sleeper at night but also still cries out at least three times a week, but only about once a week actually wakes up and wants to be held. The rest are just cries in her sleep. Her naps are sometimes two hours but mostly 1 – 1 ½ hours long. Here she is with her brothers this morning. They helped her get up onto the chair because she was whining and then they joined her. It is so cute to watch them together.
She is eating a little better than she had been and picks one thing at each meal she’ll eat. This week she ate scrambled eggs, chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, potato pancakes, ham, mac-n-cheese, French fries, tater tots, whole wheat pasta with spaghetti sauce, chicken noodle soup. So far she like oranges and no veggies. We’ll keep trying. Here she is helping Daddy make scrambled eggs. She insists on being right there the entire time I'm cooking. She loves to watch what we're doing.
Here is her complete list of words that Chloe uses I think. If I Think of more I’ll add them later.
Chloe’s words as of January 26, 2007
10 weeks home – 19 months old

Mommy, Daddy, Jakey, Wyatt, Chili, doggie, yucky, baby, hot, cold, hi, bye, eyes, cheese, uh oh, water, yeah, no, car, shoes,socks, wow, cool. It also sound like she says, "Don't want it." and "What's that." But we're not sure. There are other things she says that we can't understand. If we say, "What?" she'll repeat it, but we still can't tell. Last week I just couldn't stand it anymore and I trimmed the back of her hair. She had a full on mullet going. It looks cute even though it's not quite even, thank God for curls. Here's the back now.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I am VERY impressed that YOU trimmed her hair.... Makes me feel I should try to do the same but I am too chicken! Chloe is an absolute doll. I love reading about her progress...it's a fabulous thing to witness isn't it?

Annie said...

Ha! Justin told me in his most serious voice not to touch her hair anymore because he knew that I would work at gtting it even until I had chopped off every hair on her head. He is so right.