
Yesterday was a pretty taumatic day for us. Chloe and I were in our way into the school to get Jake for his orthodontist appointment. She is always on the watch for things to do herself and first. So, as I was opening the door to the school, she was ducking under my arm and scooting in front of me to do it first. Well, the door went right over her foot and ripped her big toe nail entirely off of her toe. Looking down, I could see the nail floating on top of her toe and the entire thing pooling with blood. I rushed her to the nurse who cleaned am bandaged it. I called the pediatrician who said to go to the ER, so off we went. Chloe was crying so hard, harder and more hysterical than the boys when they needed stitches. I have always been able to be calm and reassuring in those situations. But, at the ER, she was sobbing so hard her teeth were chattering and she was just clinging to me and calling my name. I actually started to cry. It was just so horrible. They didn't need to stitch the nail bed back together and we just have to soak it twice a day and we have special bandaging instructions. She was able to put a little weight in it by the end of the day yesterday. I'm buying good strudy lace up gym shoes and I'm going to try to avoid anymore injuries. She already has two goose eggs on her head from falling on the sidewalk while she was playing with her friend.
One cute little thing... while she was soooo upset at the ER, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror in the bathroom. This made her beam. She did look so darn cute that day and it was like she was thinking, "Wow, all this trauma and I still look awesome!"
The picture was from a different day...
Coming soon: Chloe gymnastics pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment