Since we lost our Chili girl in October, I've been thinking about getting another dog. I did not think I would want one, but it just doesn't feel like home without a dog. I started researching
English cocker spaniels and finally
convinced Justin that this was the perfect breed for us. Fun and playful, but calm. Active hunting dog, but small so we would have an
easier time getting it the
exercises it needed. In November, I emailed an application to the
english cocker rescue coordinator in Illinois. The week before Thanksgiving she emailed back that she had an
english cocker that needed a home due to her owners illness. We took one look at these pictures and were sold.


Since then, Lucy has adjusted beautifully. She is just a doll. She turned 1 on October 12
th and is small for her breed at only 23 pounds. She had never been around kids or many people at all, but just loves the kids and is so gentle with them. She's met her cousins and lots of neighbor kids.


She's still afraid of men, but warms up after a bit.
It has been really wonderful to see Chloe with her. Chloe has taken her on as a little sister. She really looks out for her and will talk to her in this very nurturing momma voice. The biggest thing.... drum roll please... Chloe will share my lap with Lucy. Chloe has never before shared my lap. If she sees anyone else in it, she will high tail it over to me and complain until the offender gets down. It's true love. We all have terrible colds and Chloe's had a fever. Here's Lucy and a sick little Coco.

1 comment:
Hey Bucys! Thanks for sending the blog address. WHAT A GREAT CHRISTMAS YOU HAD! Dave and I really enjoyed looking at your photos. What a beautiful family and Lucy is precious! Kisses from Southern Illinois! Miss you! Heather & Dave
Post a Comment