But, you'd never know how challenging by talking to either of them. They never complain, they always look on the bright side. George complains less than almost everyone I know, including people my age and even the kids I teach. His resiliency is and always has been inspirational. If you ask him, he'll tell you he feels great. He has responded very well to chemo according to his doctors. The last test showed an increase in cancer markers and the doctor wants to do more chemo. They plan to get a second opinion from someone at the University of Chicago first. In the meantime they continue on as an amazing example of how to live your life and what's truly important. Anyway... we all wanted to do something a little more special and fun this year for them. On Sunday they took all 5 grandkids to see A Christmas Carol at a local theater. While they were gone, we decorated for Christmas, made dinner and set up their Christmas present, a new surround sound system. When they got home they were very surprised and happy and we all had a great time. Here are some pics. I'm trying to figure out a way to photo shop open eyes onto my closed eyes. I can't believe I did that! All the kids were cooperating and I had to close my eyes! Sheesh!





No comments:
Post a Comment