![]() |
| Click to play | Make your own Smilebox |
One year ago today I had to hand the most perfect, beautiful little girl back to her caregivers at the baby home. When I did this she cried and reached back for me. Unlike the hundreds of times she's done that since, that time I had to walk away and know it would be at least a month before I held her again. I imagined that she felt we had betrayed her. We had encouraged her to connect with us and begin to bond with us and then we just turned around and left. I can't even put into words how difficult that was. Justin and I both left crying and fought back tears for the rest of the night. It was excruciating.
Happily, it is just the opposite today. Today, I never have to worry about leaving my little Coco. She knows now that if I go somewhere I always come back. In fact she went on her first Grandma and Grandpa George outing without me this weekend. She was the first to say she wanted to go and not one tear was shed. Well, she may have shed a couple when it was time to leave the park and come home.

1 comment:
Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me. I had such a great time reading all of your old posts, and look forward to reading future posts. Your dd is absolutely beautiful! I'm sure that I don't need to tell you how lucky and blessed you are!
Post a Comment