*First tooth - 9 months
*First rolled over - 6 months
*Could roll front to back - 7 months
*Pulled to standing, stand unassisted and started cruising - 10 months
*First steps - 11 months
*Walking independently - 12 months
*Started babbling - 9 months
While we wish we could have seen some of these firsts, we are so happy to have this information to put in her baby book. She has really been well cared for and loved.

After our last "visit" with Chloe we went to court. It didn't take too long and everything went well. One of the things that the representative from the baby home shared with the judge and had also shared with us was how surprised everyone was when Chloe went to us right away. She said that when Russian families had come to see Chloe, she cried and cried and refused to go to them. But when we came, she went right to us. They couldn't belive it, but I can. She was meant to be ours and she must have known it. They asked us a few questions each and then at the end Justin had the responsibility of formally asking the judge to grant Chloe's adoption and for the 10 day wait to be waived. When she came back into the room she announced her decision to grant the adoption and waive the 10 day wait! Hooray!Here is a picture of us with the wonderful woman who translated for us during court.

Then we went to another office and received her birth certificate and adoption decree. Tomorrow morning we'll go complete the last of the paper work and get Chloe's passport. Then, at around 4:00 we'll go to the baby home, give everyone their thank you gifts and we'll take Chloe with us.
Tonight we're going to dinner with a couple of the other families and we're going to celebrate this amazing day.
6 comments:
I am not sure why more people don't comment because I know this story touches them. We all watch from the sidelines but I have to open my big mouth. The distant aunt just has to comment... To quote you... "They couldn't believe it, but I can."??? I'm bawling like a baby here. YOu should write a real book about your journey, Annie. They are moving words. Besides, everyone loves a happy ending! Sally Foo's story. Have a safe trip back home to the her brothers.
Annie and Justin, I am more than thrilled for you right now. It's a wonderful day! Tomorrow at 4:30 is going to change the lives of all 5 of you...for the better!! Congrats to you and the boys. Katie
Wow I just checked back in and now she's yours & you have all kinds of cute pictures! Congrats!! You make it all look so easy! ;) I've been having a lot of doubts lately and fears of the unknown, but you make it look like a breeze!
Congrats again!
My comment got published twice so I deleted one, just thought I'd let u know since it says "comment deleted by author" and then wondering what that was all about :P sorry!
What a wonderful, wonderful day! We are all so happy for your new family!!! It's not often that one feels such an immense feeling of joy, thank you for sharing this journey with all of us so that we too can experience it!
Love, Kirsten
Post a Comment