Tuesday, November 14, 2006

We've Got Our Girl!

WooHoo! We went to the baby home for the last time today. Chloe saw Justin and started yelling "Momma, Poppa." As soon as she got in my arms she did not want to leave. I changed her into her little pink Polo dress (thanks Grace:).


They wanted her to eat her snack so I had to sit right next to her and even then she only ate a little. I'm so glad we took her today or she would have been very upset to have us leave again.

I wanted to get a picture with her caregivers holding her, but she had been duped too many times into being handed over and left. She was having no part of leaving my arms. She did her little head tilt thing and made it clear. So, we all posed together. She was very good about the car seat and car ride considering it was all new. Her's a picture of Chloe on her cell phone. It came in her little "My First Purse" (thanks Mom and Missy). She obviously seen people on the phone becasue she was jabbering away on it.

Tomorrow we 'll post before we take the overnight train to Moscow. It leaves at 11:30.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I just have chills. She is YOURS and WITH YOU! Finally. Congratulations and all my very best. She's just such a sweetheart! Safe travels and enjoy the train ride!

Jenn said...

Anne and Justin,
I don't know if it's the same for you, but when you are in the midst of the process, it is so surreal that you feel somewhat numb to all of the emotion. But let me just tell you, that from the outside looking in, nothing is more heart warming than seeing you with Chloe and knowing that now it's forever. Congrats. Hugs, Jenn