She still has a cold and seemed kind of sleepy and not up to par this morning. I didn't get as many pictures of her smiling in the morning. I'm posting one from this morning. She has that very sad look in this picture, but I think it was mostly because she was feeling a little yucky.

She did let Justin hold her a little this morning. It seems to work best if he immediately shows her something when he picks her up. Even though she's a little afraid of him, she clearly thinks he is pretty cool. If he so much as pats on the ground, she'll do the same thing. She does it from a good 4 feet away, but she is very interested in him. Here's a picture of Justin and Chloe.

When we came back this afternoon, she was in a knew outfit and looked like she'd had a bath. She also seemed to feel better and we got quite a few more smiles out of her. Here's one of her enjoying the slide. I had to hold her as she went down or she tipped over. It was a pretty slippery wooden slide.

Chloe does this cute little head tilt that means. "No." She does it if Justin tries to hold her or if I reach out to her when she's swinging and wants to stay on. Here's a picture. Justin got it by holding his hand out and saying, "Can I hold you?" We just had to get a picture of it, it's so cute.

We took her into her rooom to eat her snack and she said, "Poppa" and pointed to Justin as soon as she saw her caregivers. They said she takes her little picture book of us and shows it to people and says, "Momma," "Poppa" and points to our pictures. She also let Justin feed her some of her food. We think she was a little more secure with him when her caregivers were around. But, she didn't want much of her food and just wanted to get back to us. As soon as they said it was okay, she took off her bib and came right over smiling and reached up to me.
Yesterday afternoon and this morning she smiled at us when we handed her over, but this afternoon she was not ready for us to go. When we first put her down, she went right over to have Justin hold her. I think she decided that this big guy must have the authority to allow her to stay with us. Then we put her down again and her caregivers told her she could have candy and they showed her a piece. She started to walk over and when they told her to say goodbye, she abandoned the candy idea and came running over to us. When her caregiver picked her up so we could leave, she wailed. It was sad, but it was great to know she wanted to come with us because the day after tomorrow she is! We were told we could pick her up on Tuesday in the late afternoon, so that's what we're going to do.
Then we met with a wonderful woman who talked to us about what to expect at our court hearing tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about the whole thing, but I think it will all go fine. As long as it does, we'll be Chloe's parents tomorrow around 2:30 pm St. Pete time. So, when you wake up in the morning on Monday (assuming that is not before 5:30am), we will officially have a daughter and our boys will officially have a little sister. Yeah!
One more quick picture... Since Chloe's hair has gotten longer, it curls up a little on the ends. It is so cute!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! She's so beautiful and so excited about you! I'm getting chills thinking about the fact that when we wake up here, she will be your daughter forever! Court will be fine, though I know it's impossible not to worry. By the time you get to this point with IAG, things are good to go. So happy for you all!
Post a Comment