Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Our First Night with Chloe

So here's a run down of our time with Chloe so far.

I brought a variety of baby food type things for her. It was suggested to keep her diet as bland and similar to what it has been in order to avoid stomach upset. So, last night she has baby rice cereal and baby food bananas and watered down appple juice. That was fine with her. She ate enough but was done after about 1 serving of rice and 1/2 the container of baby bananas. She gave me her little head tilt to let me know.

Then I wanted to give her a bath. As soon as she heard the water, she started sobbing. I ended up in the tub with her and she wasn't happy but also wasn't hysterical. She has a little rash or excema or something and I wanted to give her a bath with aveno and put some cream on it. She was happy again when it was over. Here she is in her jammies (thanks to Aunt Colleen or Grandma - my muddled brain can't remember which.)

When it was time for bed I put her in the crib and she cried. I took her right out immediately and laid her next to me. She started sucking her fingers and settled right down. After a couple more tries, she was fine with the crib and went to sleep. We started at about 8:15 and she was asleep by 8:50. Then she slept until 9:00 this morning! Justin and I didn't fall asleep until after 2, but then we got to sleep until 9:00!

This morning she had oatmeal baby cereal and bananas. She liked that much better than the rice and she also drank about 6 ounces of juice. We took her downstairs while we wolfed down some breakfast and coffee. She sat very nicely in my lap and ate little gerber snacks and bit of bread and stuff. But, after about 15 minutes she was done. Here she is wearing a cute little outfit from Kirsten and Sophie.

Then we got her bundled up and went for a walk. She likes the baby carrier I bought. I'm quite glad because it was not cheap and we don't have a stroller. We took her picture with St. Isaacs in the background. When we got back to the hotel she played and was a happy camper. Here we are in front of St. Isaacs. Chloe's in her lavender winter ensemble thanks to Cindy and Allison O.

She ate a nice little lunch and now she's napping. She was not having any part of the crib for a nap. Justin left and then the cleaning lady knocked and opened the door and her comfort level went right out the window. So, she laid on me until she was pretty drowsy and then she wiggled off and is sound asleep on the bed with her cozy Little Giraffe blanket on her (thanks to Cindy K.):)

Tonight we take the overnight train to Moscow. I'm not sure what our internet access will be like, but if I can, I'll post more. Otherwise I'll be phoning to check in and I'll have someone post for me from home.

2 comments:

Katie and Bryan said...

I'm dying to hear how the train went!! Chloe looks adorable in her American clothes!

Anonymous said...

I just bought that cute red doggy sleeper for my neice :) What a Merry Christmas you'll have with your new daughter!!!