Sleep

Food
She is still pretty much a bird and just eats like a toddler. She eats a scrambled egg for breakfast and I also try to get a little yogurt and banana into her. Miss Pat says she's eating lunch and has even gotten the grand lunch time prize of "the cookie" for finishing her food. At dinner she will eat a small amount. She's sometimes so hungry when she gets home that she has some Cheerios, yogurt and banana and then won't really eat dinner. She also drinks about 16 ounces of milk with Carnation instant breakfast in it. That is equivalent to two meal replacements, so that's good. All in all she has very normal eating habits and we really don't have any issues with food. She eats when she's hungry and stops when she's full. It's the second part that I really need to work on. He he.
Language
She is just amazing with her language development. I really can't keep track of the words she uses because there are so many and she keeps adding more all the time. She often tries two words together. I think she is trying to put "me" and "I" with words. One day she pointed to Jake's pajamas and said, "goggy" he said, "That's Scooby Doo." Chloe said, "Mo, dats goggy" Translation, "No, that's doggy." Wow! She looooves Dora but that is one of the hardest for her to pronounce, but she can say "Boots" (that's Dora's Monkey) perfectly. So, it sounds like this, "Uh-uh, Boots." Funny! Here are some other words since last time. I'll keep coming back and adding words as I think of them.
Family Bonds
She is a total Mama's girl. Before I went back to work she had relaxed enough that I could go get a load of laundry or load the dishwasher without her wanting me to hold her. Then last week she needed me pretty intensely, but by the end of the second week she was back to the way she was before I went back. She will play independently enough that I can function around the house and get the basics done. But, she likes to be with me and I love it. If I give her something to do and interact with her, she will let me simultaneously fold laundry, help with homework, make dinner, etc. She loves to talk and I think the more her language develops the more she will enjoy chatting about what she's doing. She is also a huge fan of her Daddy. No one can make her smile that certain smile and giggle the way he can. She was letting him do more with her before I went back to work and I think she'll get back to that as well with a little time. She completely has him wrapped around her finger. She also wants to be with her brothers and loves them. She knows they will do anything she wants and I'm afraid their going to spoil her rotten. Her interactions with Jake are more like they would be with an adult. He makes her laugh and gives her what she wants and she seems to know he's her biggest brother. Wyatt plays more "with" her and gets a little annoyed when she whines for something and will whine right back at her at times. You can imagine how much Justin and I looove the sound of dueling whines. I tell them that whining makes my ears bleed. But, Wyatt is often the one she is looking for. They seem to be developing a more typical sibling relationship whereas Jake's is different because he is even older. Here's Chloe letting grandma help her into a chicken costume. Or is it a duck? Hmmmm
Here's Chloe getting to know her cousin Joey.
Daycare
You're pretty up to date on her separation issues, but a little more about her time there. She seems to really enjoy the other kids. She spent the day holding hands with one little girl and is eager to play with other kids. She seems very interested in finding kids her age to play with. When we are out and about she will point out babies and if older kids try to entertain her, she's game for that. But, she really goes out of her way to initiate contact with kids who look to be about her age. She is also very good about the way she approaches them. She will go stand near them and if possible give them a near by object or point to one and babble something. She is careful not to touch them but is patient when they try to touch her. She seems well aware that kids that age are likely push, pull, bite and scream, so she approaches carefully. I can completely trust her to not do anything aggressive and if she gets pushed down, she just sits there and waits to be rescued but stays very calm. Here's Chloe with her daycare buddy Ian and Ian's mommy who is also Wyatt's kindergarten teacher. Small world, huh? You'd think we lived in Mayberry or something.
People always comment to me that Chloe walks with a certain determination and it is so true. It is especially noticeable in someone so small. You expect to see such a short little thing kind of running around and falling all over the place, but she has a calmness and determination about her.
What a girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment