Friday, March 23, 2007

No More Indoor Baby

Sorry for the long break between posts. We had temporarily misplaced our camera.

I managed to have Chloe thinking that the back yard was just somewhere the boys went. Well, one nice day spent outside has cured her of that misconception and she looooves to be outside. She can climb up the play place like a champ and loves to go down the slide. She waits for someone to catch her since she flew down and plunked on the ground hard a couple times. She also loves to swing and will get the boys to help her if I'm not right there... so I reeeeally have to be right there because they think putting her on the two man swing with them and pumping until they are horizontal with the top of the swing set is a super idea. Yikes! All this climbing has given her a great new skill that she's been practicing on the boys bunk beds. Justin took off the ladder so she couldn't get up and it took a day for her to figure out that she could just go up the back just like the boys. Oy! I don't have a picture of this because I just snatch her right down from there. She gets very mad and tells me, "Mo, mo, mo!" She's very careful and coordinated and isn't all crazy or wild when doing any of this, but it really freaks me out. I can't really remember when the boys started being able to do that stuff but I know when they were 21 months there was no big play set in the back yard and no bunk beds. Also, she is so tiny that it is really freaky to see her just effortlessly go up and down that play set. You can tell how careful she really is when you see her sit down about a foot away from the small step from the patio to the grass. She then carefully scoots to the edge before standing on the grass. I'm sure she could just step down, but I love that she's careful.
My job next week is to clean up the yard.

No comments: