Thursday, February 22, 2007

Wyatt's First Year

Oh, Wyatt and Jake do not like that the beautiful girl music is playing while their pictures are up. They want everyone to know they are NOT girls. He he.

My Baby Wyatt

What a little pumpkin he is. Here he is when he was born. His hair was so thick, black and curly that when Justin came back from watching his bath he said, "That baby looks like Ernie from Sesame Street." Wyatt loves that story. Wyatt was only a few weeks old when the presidential election came along. I was one of the few people who really got to experience how confused the media was about whether Bush or Gore won. Each time I got up to feed Wyatt I'd go back to bed and tell Justin who the current winner was. I'll never forget that.
Here's Wyatt when he was 3 months old on his first Christmas. He was an easy baby and really just liked to be held all the time. He did has a little reflux and I had to keep him upright for 40 minutes after nursing him. Fun, fun!

Here's Wyatt when he was 4 months old. He was just sitting there happy as a clam and just drifted off. Here's Wyatt at 4 months. I loved this smiley stage. Wyatt has the cutest little dimple and I always tell him that that dimple has gotten him out of a lot of trouble over the years.Here he is at 6 months. I love how fat his little face looks in that car seat. Here he is at 7 months. He was crawling around and such a happy little guy. He's already had a hair cut because he had the craziest hair:Here's Wyatt at 8 months. What a face!Here's Wyatt at 11 months. I had just gone back to work. That was a hard time for me, but Wyatt did great. This covered with food look is one that Wyatt still frequently sports. For a long time the sensation of something sticky on his hands made him need to rub his hand in his hair. Here's Wyatt when he turned one. At this point we had a 1 year old and a two year old. That was a very busy time. Wyatt didn't start walking until he was 14 months old because I think he had a very reasonable fear of being knocked over by his big brother. He was rapidly learning to talk and named his blanket, "Cuddly" because when I would hold him and him blanket I would say, "OH, cuddly boy." He thought I was talking about the blanket and the name stuck. Of course when he said it it came out "Cully."

No comments: